Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This past weekend I had my pre-departure orientation for AFS which was in conjuction with the AFS in the US for the year's end-of-stay orientation. This was so awesome since instead of there just being 6 Americans there was around 30 kids from all over the world. I was so happy to meet everyone I did there and I even got to practice my Japanese :) Here's some pictures that I wish I could claim I took but all I did is take them off facebook.
 All the students at who were at the camp :)
 It was a camp which=a lake :) We sadly were not allowed to swim in it but I loved being near it nonetheless.
We made these candle on rice cracker creations and then set them afloat on the lake and it looked beautiful :) There was something symbolic about it but I can't remember exactly what was is, I believe it was started by a life-long AFS volunteer and is meant to be used as a tool of reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment