Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Introduction (How I got to where I am)

Hello, if you don't know me, name is Lydia and I live in the beautiful town of New Gloucester, Maine. I am currently a senior at my local high school GNGHS. (You can check out their website it's new & pretty awesome looking :) Here a picture I snagged from their website :

Anyway, I am getting off topic. Why, you most likely are wondering, am I going to Ghana? Well, I was lucky enough to receive a YES Abroad Scholarship to Ghana. These are fully funded scholarships from the U.S. State Department to 11* different countries with significant Muslim populations. With this scholarship I will be traveling to Ghana to live for a year with a host family and attend school there.  (*9 countries this year~This year they aren't sending people to Egypt & Mali due to the unrest in both places.) 
More About YES Abroad: I'll do a post specifically about this later but for now here is a link to their website.
http://yesprograms.org/
http://yesprograms.org/yesabroad/ghana

About Ghana:


Ghana is located in West Africa between Côte d'Ivoire (the Ivory Coast) and Togo. Know as the Gold Coast under colonial rule, Ghana was the first sub-Saharan African nations to gain independence from European Colonists in 1957.

No comments:

Post a Comment